We would be remiss if we didn’t talk about staying healthy during conference week! Whether you’re a seasoned conference pro or this is your first time traveling, these tips will help you (and all of us) stay healthy during the hustle and bustle of the event.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It’s easy to forget about your H20 when grabbing your morning coffee before the sessions and networking with colleagues over lunch. It’s especially important if you’re going to be networking over drinks at happy hour or dinner at the end of the day! We want you to be healthy, alert, and well-hydrated so that you don’t lose steam during the conference, or worse, go home sick.
- Get fresh air as often as possible. We know that going from the airport to the hotel to the conference center can feel like you’re not getting any fresh air. Even if it’s just a short walk around the block, try to take breaks throughout the day to get outside. The Pennsylvania Convention Center is a big space, but there are spots with easy access to step outside. Take advantage of that! Before and after each day’s sessions, kill two birds with one stone by exploring the City of Brotherly Love with a water bottle in your hand.
- Stay active. One of the benefits of the Pennsylvania Convention Center is its walking score. It’s easy to get those steps in when you’re walking to your hotel, seeing the attractions, or meeting colleagues for dinner around the city. If you already have a regular fitness regimen, try to stick to that as much as possible during your time at the conference. It won’t be difficult to do when you’ve got so many unique opportunities, like climbing the Rocky steps. Or, take advantage of the health and wellness activities centrally located in the Hub! There'll be several mini-sessions focused on staying mindful and healthy including eating healthy on the road, desk stretches, meditation, and even yoga for the office.
- Don’t neglect your sleep. Getting adequate sleep is really important at a busy conference to help you keep your stamina up and prevent you from getting sick. It’s especially important if you’re traveling from a different time zone and need to adjust because of jetlag. With this year’s Late Night Sessions, you could even squeeze in a power nap after putting in a full day at the conference.
- Practice good hygiene. You’re going to be shaking a lot of hands, spending hours in closed spaces, and well, we don’t need to tell you guys about proper hygiene practices.
We look forward to sharing a healthy, hydrated, and active conference week with you in Philadelphia.
Berrak Sarikaya is a content strategist and brand amplifier based in Seattle, Washington.
AIHce EXP 2018, held in Philadelphia, PA May 21-23, is the EXPerience of the year for IH and OEHS professionals across the country. You’ll be exposed to the latest trends, needs, and research impacting worker health with experiential education sessions, networking opportunities with like-minded professionals, and the tools you need to solve your workplace challenges. This highly-rated event also offers a robust virtual experience for those that want to reap the benefits of conference without the travel. Register today.