From the moment you pick up your badge at registration, your AIHce EXPerience will be jam-packed with sessions, networking, and walking around the Expo. We know that conferences can go by fast, which is why it’s important to show up armed with a plan. Here are a few tips to make the most of your schedule during AIHce EXP in Philadelphia this year.
- Look through the schedule ahead of time. We’ve got an incredible schedule for you, which means that there are a lot of options for you to choose from for each session slot. Going through the schedule ahead of time and creating a personal agenda with the sessions you want to attend will make life that much easier for you during the conference. If you’re attending the conference with colleagues, consider a divide and conquer strategy so you can cover the most within a short amount of time. Then, meet up later to discuss what you’ve learned.
- Identify the exhibitors you want to meet. Did you know that you can virtually explore our expo hall prior to the conference? Our vendor list for the Expo hall this year is amazing! If there are specific companies and individuals you want to talk to, make a note of their location and come up with a plan of action.
- Practice your personal elevator pitch. You’re going to meet a lot of new people at the conference, and you'll want to make sure you’re memorable! Don’t forget to have your business cards ready. Don’t forget to make a plan of attack for engaging on social media before and during the conference.
- Don’t be afraid to approach people, including speakers/instructors. If you want to make connections in your industry, AIHce EXP is the perfect place to do it, which means your networking game needs to be on! The speakers and instructors at this conference love connecting with you, so don’t hesitate to say “hello.” We’ve been doing spotlights on our instructors on this blog, so take a look at those posts as well.
- Schedule time for self-care. We know that conferences can get overwhelming, which is why it’s important for you to also have time to decompress during AIHce EXP. You can go back to your hotel room between sessions & networking events, or even just walk around the block in Philadelphia. There are also several health and wellness activities happening at the Hub. From tips on healthy eating, to yoga and desk stretches, take a load off and make some time for you!
We’re making sure that you have a plethora of options to choose from when it comes to sessions, networking, and making new connections at AIHce. It’s up to you to craft the conference experience that makes most sense for you in Philadelphia in May. See you soon!
Berrak Sarikaya is a content strategist and brand amplifier based in Seattle, Washington.
AIHce EXP 2018, held in Philadelphia, PA May 21-23, is the EXPerience of the year for IH and OEHS professionals across the country. You’ll be exposed to the latest trends, needs, and research impacting worker health with experiential education sessions, networking opportunities with like-minded professionals, and the tools you need to solve your workplace challenges. This highly-rated event also offers a robust virtual experience for those that want to reap the benefits of conference without the travel. Register today.