One of the biggest benefits of AIHce Virtual Conference is that it allows for groups to participate together. Register once and as many people as you’d like to invite may view the conference along with you! There are no fees for additional participants and everyone can receive credit.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Virtual Conference a successful group event:
- A conference room appropriate for the size of your group
- An internet connection (wired recommended)
- Projector, screen and speakers so everyone can see and hear well
Before the Session
Order breakfast, lunch, or snacks for your group. Or, organize it as a brown bag event and encourage people to bring their lunch! Everyone is happier when there is food!
- Discuss conceptions and assumptions; what level of experience do you have with the topic?
- Document participants on your roster.
During the Breaks
Take the opportunity to discuss the sessions. You might find it useful to designate a discussion leader to help facilitate conversation.
- Compare and contrast what you are learning with your current practices.
- How can you apply the new learning to your own work environment or practice?
- How does the new learning explain your current practices?
- How does the new learning fit with your notion of what an industrial hygienist does?
- Share other resources for this subject.
- Ask if anyone is willing to offer a dissenting view.
If you have questions, comments or feedback during the broadcasts, take advantage of the live online chat to talk with other Virtual Conference participants and submit questions to the speakers!
Afterwards, Receive Credits
Each person on your roster is eligible to receive credit if they complete the session evaluations.
Submit your roster to AIHA by May 30, 2018.
Have each individual participant complete the online evaluations for the sessions they participated in
Proof of participation will be provided to all participants in their AIHA transcript. AIHA will email participants directly when transcripts are available.
GIVE US FEEDBACK
We’d love to hear if you organized a group and what worked well for you! If your group is feeling photogenic, take a picture and share it with us on social media using #AIHceEXP!
Contact Colleen Manning at email@example.com.