Information for First Timers
AIHce EXP 2018 is one of the best opportunities for OEHS professionals to learn the latest research and techniques, network with peers, and take a deeper dive into issues affecting the profession and the workers we protect. But we also know it can be overwhelming (even intimidating) to tackle this conference for the first time – and perhaps by yourself! That’s why we have designed this FAQ info and events specifically for first timers.
Is there anything on the schedule for first timers?
YES! We are pleased to offer the following events, sponsored by DuPont, which are specifically focused on the needs of first time attendees at AIHce EXP:
We will host a can't-miss First Timers Meet and Greet at 6:30 a.m. Monday, May 21 (Marriott Grand Ballroom Salon H) that will introduce you to other first timers with whom you can network, partner up with for sessions, and plot your evening activities.
A special thanks to the sponsor of the First Timers' events, DuPont.
When should I arrive in Philadelphia?
- The actual conference dates of AIHce EXP 2018 are Monday, May 21 through Wednesday, May 23. Professional Development Courses (PDCs) are offered on Saturday, May 19, Sunday, May 21, and Thursday, May 24. PDCs require separate registration and an additional fee.
- First time attendees planning to attend the Meet and Greet on Monday must register and pick up their badge materials for the conference before arriving to the First Timers Meet and Greet. Registration is open until 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 20.
When should I depart Philadelphia?
- Educational content ends on Wednesday, May 23 at 5:00 p.m.
Are there any additional events I can sign up for?
- Technical Tours: Tour a local facility to learn what best practices are being implemented by their OEHS divisions. Tours require separate registration and an additional fee.
- PDCs: Professional Development Courses provide a deeper dive into educational content before and after the conference. All PDCs require separate registration and an additional fee. Veteran tip: Many PDCs reach capacity early on during registration, so be sure to register early to ensure you get a seat in the session(s) you really want!
- AIHF Fun Run/Walk: Join your colleagues in a friendly competition during the 32nd annual Fun Run/Walk on Tuesday, May 22. Prizes are available for different age groups, and all funds raised support the AIHF. Veteran tip: Not a runner? Haven’t trained? Not sure you are up for 3.1 miles? Sleep-in registrations are also accepted!
How can I edit or add to my registration?
- You can edit or add to your conference registration by logging back in to the AIHce EXP 2018 registration site.
Resources for First Time Conference Attendees