On-site Logistics for Education Session Presenters
Action Items and Due Dates
March 5, 2018 – Login to the online Speaker Ready Room; review and sign the Speaker Agreement; and update profile Information, biography, and photo
*If you do not complete by this date, any information we have on file is what will appear in the Final Program. We cannot guarantee edits made after this date will be reflected in published materials.
March 5, 2018 – Review all content on the Speaker Toolkit section of the AIHce EXP 2018 website
March 18, 2018 – Register for AIHce at the Advanced Rate
May 21, 22, and 23, 2018 – Education Session presentation dates
If you are unable to present for any reason, email Kathryn Christoe, Program Manager.
You are highly encouraged to check into the Speaker Ready Room at least (1) hour prior to the start of your session.
You can use to use the Speaker Ready Room, which is staffed by audiovisual (AV) technicians and equipped with editing stations, to practice and tweak your presentations, review speaker biographies, and ensure the latest version of your PPT is loaded to the Presentation Management System.
Speaker Ready Room Hours:
- Friday, May 18: 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 19: 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 20: 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 21: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 22: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 23: 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 24: 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
You are REQUIRED to upload electronic copies of your presentation(s) to AIHA’s Presentation Management System. You can choose to upload prior to getting on-site (instructions will be sent by AIHA staff in April) or upload in the Speaker Ready Room on-site at the Convention Center. AIHA will provide computers in session rooms, upon which the relevant presentation(s) will already be loaded. You may not bring a personal computer as a way to avoid the upload requirement. Edits and updates can be made to the presentation until one (1) hour prior to the session start time.
AIHA recommends PowerPoint (PPT) for all presentations. Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and HTML files may also be used. Please be sure to use the AIHce 2018 PowerPoint Template when creating your presentation. Our PowerPoint template is set to 4:3 ratio. If you choose to use your own template please ensure that it is set to this format. Be advised that if you use any other format ,it may not fit the screens in our session rooms.
You are required to use the computers provided on-site by AIHce. These are Windows-based PCs equipped with Microsoft PowerPoint (Office 2010) and the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader, Windows Media Player, and Quick Time for Windows. Other presentation programs will not be available.
PowerPoint files created on a Macintosh computer will open successfully on a PC/AIHce-supplied computer. However, it is recommended that you test your files in the Speaker Ready Room prior to your session to ensure the proper display of fonts, equations, pictures, and videos. Workstations, projectors, and technical staff will be available to assist.
Any links to outside websites, such as for audio and video files, should be embedded into the PPT presentations. While wireless Internet will be available, we do not recommend relying on it for any portion of your presentation. Presentation rooms will NOT be hardwired with Internet. If you have video or audio files we recommend bringing back-up of the files on a flash drive, as well as embedding into the PPT file. DO NOT simply link to videos, such as on YouTube or other websites, as we cannot guarantee the Internet connection.
Please see the AV staff in the on-site Speaker Ready Room to review and test your presentation(s). The computers will be the same as those in the session rooms, and the technicians can provide advice and assistance.
Session Room Set-up and Equipment
All session rooms will be provided with a standard room set that includes:
- Screen (sized appropriately for the room)
- 2 wireless mics
- 1 podium mic
- 1 audience mic on a stand
- 1 wireless slide advancer (for the computer provided by AV)
We cannot provide any additional materials or equipment. No exceptions will be made.
Please note there will NOT be a head table in session rooms as in a traditional lay-out. Instead, there will be a cocktail round with three (3) chairs for presenters. The new set is to encourage presenters to be more interactive with each other and the audience.
Philadelphia Convention Center Rules & Regulations
We want to your presentation to run seamlessly. At the same time, we must follow all rules and regulations of the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) for hosting a meeting in the facility. Please help us by noting:
1) The PCC is a union facility. As such, union labor is required for the setup, change, and breakdown of all activities.
2) Room sets (head tables, chairs, AV, etc.) and capacities are approved in advance by the facility and the Philadelphia Fire Marshal. Room sets, once approved, must remain as indicated on approved floor plans or AIHA will incur change fees. Speakers and moderators agree they will not move any items (other than those brought by the speakers into the rooms) preset by the facility or AIHA.
3) Audiovisual equipment must be provided by AIHA’s exclusive provider, Freeman Audiovisual. Requests for AV other than that outlined to presenters in advance by AIHA must be paid for by the speaker to AIHA before equipment will be provided. Speakers may not provide audiovisual equipment of any kind in their session rooms, including handheld polling devices.
4) Speakers may hand carry handouts or other materials for distribution during a session (except any type of AV) and may use their own cart, dolly, luggage carrier, or 2- or 4-wheel hand trucks to do so. However, AIHA, our exclusive vendors, and the PCC are unable to provide this equipment to the presenter to do so. Union labor must be hired by the speaker in order to provide the equipment.
5) Video recording equipment with external lighting, microphones, or cabling requires union labor. Speakers and moderators agree that they will not video any portion of their presentation.
If you think you will need accommodations to any of the above listed items – for any part of your session – please let AIHA staff know immediately. We are happy to work with you on a solution that will ensure success of your session AND compliance with our contract with the PCC.
Please note: requests received after April 13 will not be accommodated.
Education Session Moderators
If you are a session moderator, please review/download the on-site duties for your position:
If you have any questions regarding the on-site responsibilities of the session moderators, please contact Kathryn Christoe.