Presenter notification letters were emailed in November 2017. If you are unable to present your course, contact Erin Breece; Program Director, Education; at 703-846-0749.
Dates to Remember
- January 19, 2018 – Login and review speaker agreement, profile information, and biography and upload photo.
- February 2, 2018 – Submission of all PDC logistics forms via the online Speaker Ready Room (Lead instructors only).
- March 2, 2018 – Review all content on the Speaker Toolkit section of the website.
- March 18, 2018 – If attending the main conference, register for AIHce EXP by this date.
- March 21, 2018 – PDC cancellation due to low registration. (If your course is in danger of being cancelled, you will be notified at least 2 weeks prior.)
- March 21, 2018 – Handout materials submission deadline. All handouts will be formatted/reproduced electronically and distributed by AIHA if received by this date. Upload here.
- March 28, 2018 – Late submittals and those planning to reproduce and distribute their own handouts must submit a final copy to AIHA for approval.
- May 4, 2018 – E-handout download instructions emailed to students.
- May 19, 20, and 24, 2018 – PDC presentation dates.
- June 8, 2018 – Honorarium payment forms due (forms will be provided on-site). Requests received after this date will not be honored and will result in a forfeiture of payment.
Room and AV requests are due by February 2, 2018.
Standard room set includes:
- Student seating
- Two (2) charging stations in the rooms for students (power will NOT be placed at every seat)
- Head table for two instructors
- Screen (sized appropriately for room dimensions and session capacity)
- Remote mouse
- Up to two (2) wireless lavaliere microphones
We want to your presentation to run seamlessly. At the same time, we must follow all rules and regulations of the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) for hosting a meeting in the facility. Please help us by noting:
- The PCC is a union facility. As such, union labor is required for the setup, change, and breakdown of all activities.
- Room sets (head tables, chairs, AV, etc.) and capacities are approved in advance by the facility and the Philadelphia Fire Marshal. Room sets, once approved, must remain as indicated on approved floor plans or AIHA will incur change fees. Speakers and moderators agree they will not move any items (other than those brought by the speakers into the rooms) preset by the facility or AIHA.
- Audiovisual equipment must be provided by AIHA’s exclusive provider, Freeman Audiovisual. Requests for AV other than that outlined to presenters in advance by AIHA must be paid for by the speaker to AIHA before equipment will be provided. Speakers may not provide audiovisual equipment of any kind in their session rooms, including handheld polling devices.
- Speakers may hand carry handouts or other materials for distribution during a session (except any type of AV) and may use their own cart, dolly, luggage carrier, or 2-4 wheel hand trucks to do so. However, AIHA, our exclusive vendors, and the PCC are unable to provide this equipment to the presenter to do so. Union labor must be hired by the speaker in order to provide the equipment.
- Video recording equipment with external lighting, microphones, or cabling requires union labor. Speakers and moderators agree that they will not video any portion of their presentation.
If you think you will need accommodations to any of the above listed items – for any part of your session – please let AIHA staff know immediately. We are happy to work with you on a solution that will ensure success of your session AND compliance with our contract with the PCC. Please note: requests received after April 13 will not be accommodated.
Presentation Upload Requirements and Hardware/Software
- AIHA will be utilizing a presentation management system for uploading all handout/course materials. If utilizing e-Handouts (created and distributed by AIHA to your students), presenters are required to upload electronic copies of their presentations to AIHce EXP’s Presentation Management System by the handout materials deadline, March 21.
- PDC Presenters must utilize their personal laptop computers for presentation of their course.
- AIHce EXP recommends PowerPoint (PPT) for all presentations. Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and HTML files may also be used.
- There is no requirement to use a specific template, but it is preferred that you use the AIHce EXP PowerPoint Template.
- It is recommended that presenters test their files in the on-site Speaker Ready Room prior to the day of their session, to ensure the proper display of fonts, equations, pictures, and videos.
Registration and Reservations
PDC instructors who wish to attend AIHce EXP on Monday through Wednesday are required to pay the applicable registration fee, or the one-day fee, and should register for and reserve hotel accommodations online. Instructors must register for the PDC(s) they are teaching using a special code that will be sent in January 2018.
Questions regarding PDC instructor registration may be directed to Erin Breece, Program Director Education; at 703-846-0749.